Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sacrafice


Sometimes in my life, well lets be honest a lot of times, ok almost all the time in my life I like to set ridiculous goals for myself to see if I can do it. Most of the time I'm not successful to holding up my end of the bargain. Even though I'm usually the only one who knows about these goals I set for myself I figured what is the best way to hold myself accountable. Well you can't be held accountable for something if nobody knows you are doing something.  Over the last month or so I have cut out drinking soda all the time to like once a week and I have been trying to take my dog on a walk at least 4-5 days a week. Well I jumped on the scale the other day and saw I had lost about 10 lbs since the last time I got on the scale. When you can start seeing results for something you really aren't working towards it is a great feeling. So as I was sitting on the bed reading, I thought to myself. I wonder how much more weight I could lose if I actually tried. So I turned to my wife and said that I'm not going to eat any candy, cookies, cakes, ice-cream, donuts, drink soda and most things that contain mass amounts of sugar. Now for me that is crazy because another reason I decided to do this is because of the mass amounts of candy and cookies I have consumed since the holiday season commenced right around Halloween. I'm not going to eat any of these or drink any of these things until my baby boys first birthday which will be a little over a year. I'm looking forward to the challenge and I'm especially looking forward to my sons first birthday. Sometimes in life you just gotta go big or go home. Who knows what my life will look like a year from now. I'm excited to see what happens. 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!!! Sounds as if you've made a great start!! May I recommend looking into Marilu Henner's plan for healthy eating? Sarah & I followed her plan (which is kind of strict, but works)!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete