Monday, January 4, 2010

Words to Action

I got up this morning feeling whatever. Just because I say I want to do something doesn't mean I'm really going to do that. As I was getting ready for the day(at 11am non-the-less) I started thinking about how many times I have wanted to get up early and work out and spend more time with God, be a better person and so on. I have realized like many others can probably relate to that I haven't really been consistent with to many things I say I want to do. The worst part of it all is I'm only letting myself down. None of you know what I'm thinking about before I go to bed or when I wake up. But I wanted to address this issue in my life. So many times I put the words down on paper or just have a conversation with myself and that is all that materializes. A thought or a conversation. Today I want to really start putting those Words into action. I really started thinking about this as I was getting out of the shower. I know that sounds weird but for most of my pre-married life I never pulled the shower curtain back closed. I never even thought about it until one day my wife brought it to my attention. So today as I was finishing drying off I pulled the shower curtain closed and thought about that conversation my wife and I had. It started off as words and now is a habit that I do at least 98%(who's perfect) of the time I get out of the shower. It then lead me to my next thought of how it takes 21 days of doing something consistently to form a habit. I have formed a lot of bad habits over my 28 years of life and I'm wanting to change them. I don't know if it can be contributed to the fact that I have a baby coming but I want to be the best I can be. It's pretty eye opening when your better half spends a considerable amount of time with your parents and then goes "Oh that's where you get that from" or "thats why you do that". It usually is the traits that you wish you didn't get. I want to try and become the best version of "me" i can be which means putting myself aside and putting God in front. I want to do less talking this year and more acting. Nothing changes by just saying something, it takes getting off your butt and doing something. I'm so pumped for this year.  Live the dream with me. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of where I've been and where I still want to go. Great perspective! Remember that each day IS your 'happily ever after'...today is all we really have, right? I'm impressed that you recognize the significance.

    ReplyDelete